Blake Pier has had a strange existence,
wandering around Hong Kong until finally it has come to rest,
for good we hope, in Stanley Bay, just a few minutes walk
from Stanley market.
Murray House it is a
great example of engineering of the Edwardian period,
and also of modern relocation techniques because, like Murray
House, it wasn't original here at Stanley.
Originally located as a ferry pier in Central district of
Hong Kong it was built in 1909. However the distinctive steel pavilion
was disassembled when a more modern concrete structure was put up in the 1960s.
Instead it became a park pavilion in Morse Park in
Wong Tai Sin, but it has now once again become a pier.
Only the top canopy is original, the underlying pier is of
Today the pier is in use by pleasure boats as well as by a
small ferry service. to Aberdeen and Po Toi Island