Blake Pier has had a strange existence, wandering around Hong Kong until finally it has come to rest, for good we hope, in Stanley Bay, just a few minutes walk from Stanley market.
Situated outside Murray House it is a great example of engineering of the Edwardian period, and also of modern relocation techniques because, like Murray House, it wasn't original here at Stanley.
Originally located as a ferry pier in Central district of Hong Kong it was built in 1909. However the distinctive steel pavilion was disassembled when a more modern concrete structure was put up in the 1960s. Instead it became a park pavilion in Morse Park in Wong Tai Sin, but it has now once again become a pier.
Only the top canopy is original, the underlying pier is of modern construction.
Today the pier is in use by pleasure boats as well as by a small ferry service. to Aberdeen and Po Toi Island